Absolutely Free Support Services
Printers are a part of day-to-day life in the modern world. In addition to offices, we now use these machines to print personal documents, school assignments, etc. Therefore, Canon specifically develops printers that are optimal & efficient for home use,
One such device is the Canon PIXMA E477 printer, with built-in wireless capabilities. Although not on the level of traditional office printers, this machine is more than enough for personal use.
Thus, today, we will discuss:
- Firstly, how to physically set up the printer?
- Then, how to install the drivers & connect it to your system?
- Lastly, we will discuss some FAQs
How to Complete the Setup of Canon Pixma E77 Printer?
The Canon PIXMA E377 is a wireless printer meant for home use. Thus, it doesn’t use any hardwire connection with your system. Also, you need a functioning Wi-Fi connection to operate this printer.
Therefore, let’s start with how to set up your printer physically.
- Firstly, open the box and place all the components of your printer separately on a surface.
- Secondly, remove all the safety tapes from the printer & covering from the components.
- After that, insert the power cord into the back of the printer & plug the other end into a wall socket.
- Then, open the front cover & press the power button on top of the printer.
- Once the printer finishes initializing, unpack the ink cartridges from their covering. And remove the safety tapes from the connector & install them into their respective slots.
Also check: Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup
In short, drivers are necessary for the proper functioning of any hardware. Therefore, Canon provides users with a driver installation CD with the PIXMA E477 printer.
- At first, insert the CD, open the setup, select your language, & click on Next.
- Then, wait for the setup to complete, unpacking & installing the driver. Once that happens, click on Connect using LAN.
- Firstly, with the printer powered on, press & hold the wireless button until the light next to it begins flashing.
- Secondly, press the Color button on the button & see if the Network light turns on.
- Thirdly, again, press the Color button & the Wireless light will start flashing.
*Now your printer is in the Wireless Setup mode.
- Then, return to the Setup, and click on Next to connect to your printer.
*Once you click Next, the system will search for your printer. Also, check the Power, Wireless & Network lights. In case all are on, then your system has connected to your printer.
The next step is to load the paper into the printer & get it ready for printing.
- Firstly, open the Paper Support Tray on top of the printer. Then, grab the Printer Output Tray latch, and open it too.
- Secondly, take out a stack of printing sheets from the packet & put it in the support tray. And adjust the Paper Guide.
*However, the printing side should be facing the printer’s front.
Your printer is now ready to print documents or pictures. In addition to printing, the PIXMA E477 can also copy physical documents.
Also check: Canon Pixma G3000 Wifi Setup
How to Copy a Physical Document with the PIXMA E477?
- Firstly, make sure that your printer is powered on & filled with paper.
- Secondly, open the Document Cover on top of the printer. Then place the physical document face down on the glass surface.
- Thirdly, align it correctly with the marker on the top left corner of the printer.
- After that, close the cover to ensure the maximum quality of the copy.
- Then, press the Black/White or Color button to initiate copying.
|Sales Assistance||Phone No: 800-385-2155|
Also check: Canon Pixma TS307 Setup
How do I connect my Canon printer to my computer wirelessly?
In short, the Canon PIXMA E477 can connect to your system using your Wi-Fi. In order to operate your printer using LAN:
- Firstly, power the printer and put it into the Wireless Connection Mode.
- Secondly, on your system, open the Canon Printer Setup.
- Thirdly, select Connect Using LAN Network.
- Lastly, proceed with the instruction in the setup till it’s complete.
Once your printer is connected to your system through LAN. Then, you’ll see the Power, Wireless Connection & Network lights turned on.
What is Wi-Fi button on Canon printer?
To summarize, the Wi-Fi button allows your printer to connect to your Wi-Fi network. In addition, it puts the printer on the LAN connection mode.
Why isn’t my Canon printer connecting to my computer?
There are a lot of reasons that can prevent your Canon printer from connecting to your system,
- Firstly, your Wi-Fi connection could be faulty.
- Secondly, the connection wire is damaged.
- Thirdly, the connection wire is loose or improperly connected.
- Fourthly, the printer driver could be corrupt.
- Lastly, your system’s printer software could be corrupt.
How do I connect my Canon Pixma printer to a new Wi-Fi?
In order to connect your Canon PIXMA to a new Wi-Fi,
- Firstly, put your printer in the Wireless Setup Mode.
- At first, with the power on, press & hold the Wireless button till the LED starts flashing.
- Then, press the color button & wait for the Power light to start flashing.
- After that, press the Color button again. Then, wait till the Power light stops strobing.
- Secondly, open the Canon Printer Setup, and select the Connect Using LAN.
- Thirdly, follow the instructions to connect the printer.
How to get the Canon E477 manual?
Canon PIXMA E477 is a wireless home use printer with a built-in photocopying mechanism. In short, usually, users get a manual inside the product packaging. However, sometimes you lose your manual. In that case, you can download it from the official Canon website.