tablets (Android/iOS) through Bluetooth.
Below is the guide that on the printer,
And, contact information, along with some FAQs.
How to? – Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer Setup
Being a portable mini-printer, the Canon Ivy uses a battery to operate, rather than direct power. Therefore, its setup is a little more unconventional than normal printers.
Firstly, before anything else, unbox the printer and put all the components separately on the table. After that, start with –
Subsequently, it is advised that the user may completely charge the printer before first use to ensure maximum battery life,
- Firstly, take the USB charging cable.
- Secondly, connect the smaller end at the back of the printer.
- Thirdly, attach the other end of the cable to an adapter/USB socket.
- After that, wait till the printer is charged completely (look at the LED indicator light on the back of the printer, adjacent to the charging port).
|Red – Green (Alternative Flashing)||Charging Error|
Related: Canon mg3620 wifi setup
The Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer takes approximately 90-minutes to charge. After that, it’s time to turn on the printer.
- Look for the power button (next to the LED light indicator).
- Once located, press & hold the button until the LED starts flashing.
*LED flashing indicates, that the printer is powering on.
- Once the LED light indicator has stopped flashing, the printer is finished initializing.
Once the printer has initialized, the next step is to load paper into the printer. In order to do that,
- At first, slide the top cover of the printer forward to unlock it.
- After that, lift the cover.
- Then open the pouch of the photo paper.
*The contents of the photo paper bag: 1 Blue Smart Sheet & 10 Photo Papers.
- At first, put the Smart Sheet (logo faced down) into the photo paper compartment.
- Then put the rest of the photo papers on top of the Smart Sheet (all with logos faced down).
- Put the top cover back on the printer and slide it backward.
*Hear for a click, to ensure the cover is locked properly.
You’ve now completed the hardware part of the Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer Setup. Likewise, let us move on to setting up the software and connection to the input devices.
Also check: Canon mg3222 wifi setup
The Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer uses an application to connect with the input devices (smartphones and tablets). Let’s discuss how to install the application for android and iOS.
- Firstly, go to the Google Play store, and search for Canon Mini Print.
- Tap on Install.
- Once the installation is completed, tap open the Canon Mini Print App.
- At first, go to the App Store and search for: Canon Mini Print.
- Tap on “Get”.
- Wait for the installation to complete, and after that, open the App to complete the connection.
- Firstly, take out the Quick Start Guide.
- Open the QR Code Scanner on your smartphone or tablet.
- Then scan the QR Code on the guide.
*This will open the app installation page for your device.
- After that, tap on “Install” or “Get”, depending on whether your device runs on Android or iOS.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- At first, activate NFC on your android device, in order to do that.
- Use the swipe-down menu, and tap on NFC.
- However, if you don’t have it on the quick tiles. In that case, go to Settings.
- Tap on Wireless Connections.
- Then, tap on NFC.
- After that, tap on Turn on NFC.
- Go to the Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- With the NFC activated on your phone, tap it on top of the printer.
- At first, Turn On the printer.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your device.
- After that, open the pairing device list and tap on the printer’s name.
- This will pair the device to your printer.
- After that, open the app, and add the printer
- Tap the icon on the top right of the screen.
- Select your printer.
*Once connected, this icon will change to show the current battery level of the printer.
- At first, open the app.
- Then tap the “menu” icon on the top left corner.
- After that, tap on Printer Settings.
- Tap on Add Printer.
- Tap on your printer’s name.
Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Firstly, make sure the NFC & Bluetooth are enabled on your device.
- Secondly, open the Canon Mini Print application on your android device.
- Then, put your device on top of the printer.
- The Canon Ivy Mini Printer will connect to your device automatically.
Also check: Canon g2020 wifi setup
Important Information & Notes
- There are 2 LED indicators on the printer:
- Charge Indicator – At the back of the printer, adjacent to the charging port.
- Power Indicator – Left side of the printer, adjacent to the power button.
- LED Indicators
|White||Steady||Printer Powered On|
|Flashing||No Paper Error|
|Top Cover Open Error|
|Paper Jam Error|
|Low Battery Error|
|Storage Full Error|
|Red||Steady||Charging in Progress|
|Red – Green||Flashing between both||Charging Error|
- Buy the printing sheet pack from the app. In addition, only use the blue Smart Sheet that is provided within the print sheet pack.
- Blue Smart Sheets are manufactured to work specifically with the print sheets in those packs. Therefore, using a different smart sheet may result in diminished print quality.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the printer, regularly.
For more help you can get in touch with canon printer support team for help.
Q. Why is my Canon Ivy printer not connecting?
Your Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer may not be connecting to your device for two of the following reasons –
- Low Battery – Check to make sure that the battery is above 50%.
- Outdated Firmware – Update the firmware from your app.
- Bluetooth Pairing Error – Open your device’s Bluetooth setting, forget the device, and pair it again.
Q. Does Canon Ivy printer need ink?
In short, no the Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer does not use traditional printer ink to operate. However, it does use dye-based color crystals that are embedded in the print sheet.
Q. How long does it take for a Canon mini printer to charge?
The Canon Mini printer is a portable photo printer. That is to say, it runs on a battery. The average time it takes for its battery to completely charge is 90 minutes (given the battery is relatively healthy).
Q. Does Canon Ivy come with paper?
In short, yes, the Canon IVY printer series comes with a pack of printing papers.