Absolutely Free Support Services
Brother Printer is a world-class reliable printer that helps you to print productively and reliably. It provides high-quality prints at minimum cost. You can print in both color and black/white using the various models of the Brother Printer. But, uncertainly sometimes you may face an issue “Brother Printer Printing Black and White” due to some errors and faults in the machine. To fix the issue, the user has to troubleshoot the problem and then follow up with the desired solution. Here, we will discuss why you face black and white printing issues with your printer and how to resolve it.
Why My Brother Printer Printing Black and White?
There can be various reasons for the machine to print only in black and white. As a result, the user is not able to print color-printed documents. The several factors responsible for this are as follows:
- Empty Color Cartridges
- Color Cartridges Not Installed Properly
- Blocked Print Heads
- Power Surge Issue
- Clogged Air Hole
- Improper Printer Settings
The user has to check for all these problems in its Brother Printer. After that, it can follow up with the steps to fix the problem and then try to print the documents in color prints.
Troubleshoot and Resolve – Why My Brother Printer Printing Black and White?
To print the documents perfectly in color using your Brother Printer, you need to resolve the issue that restricts this problem. So, try to perform the steps below in series and print your colored documents successfully. If you know the exact reason for the problem, then simply jump to its solution and perform it accordingly.
Check and Fill the Color Cartridges
Firstly, you can try to resolve the problem by refilling the colored cartridges in case they are empty. To check the ink levels of the cartridges, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the ‘menu’ button on the printer.
- Now, use the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrow keys to scroll and navigate to the option “Ink Management”.
- Click on the OK button.
- Lastly, when you can see the ink levels on the screen, check it and press the OK button.
- Also, you can open the cartridge door and check the ink levels directly from there.
- In case the ink level is low, then you can refill the cartridges and then try to print and check for the solution to the problem, ‘Brother Printer Printing Black and White’.
Also check: Fix brother printer keeps jamming in the rear
Install the Color Ink Cartridges Properly
In case you have not installed the color ink cartridges properly, then the printer will print only in black and white. To resolve the problem, the user needs to reinstall the color ink cartridges. So, follow the steps below to reinstall the cartridges:
- Firstly, open the door of the ink cartridge.
- Now, push the color lever in the downward direction and remove each ink cartridge.
- After that, keep the printer is ON.
- Place all the ink cartridges at specific places. Make sure to place the correct color of each ink.
- Click ‘Yes’ when you receive the confirmation message for each ink cartridge.
- After that, close the cartridge door after placing all the ink cartridges in their respective place.
- Lastly, check for the solution to the problem Brother Printer Printing Black and White.
Unblock or Clean the Print Heads
The user may face Brother Printer Printing Black and White issue due to dirty or blocked print heads. The dried ink can be the reason for the blocked ink heads when you are not using the printer for a long time. So, you need to clean the print heads properly before their use. Follow the steps below to proceed:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Menu’ button.
- Use the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrow keys, and navigate to the “Cleaning” option.
- Click on the OK button.
- After that, the screen will show you all the ink colors that the printer is using. Choose one color which you wish to clean. You can also choose “Select All” for all the colors.
- Finally, check for the solution to the problem.
Resolve Power Surge Issue
Also, you may face Brother Printer Printing Black and White problem with the Brother Printer in case of any power failure. A power surge needs a high quantity of ink. So, firstly refill all the inks to their sufficient levels. After that, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, switch OFF the printer.
- Then, press the menu button and hold it for a few seconds until the printer is ON.
- After that, press the menu button and hold it until you may be able to see ‘Maintenance’ in your printer.
- Now, click on the 7, 6, and 3 respectively.
- The screen will display as “Power_P ALL”.
- Lastly, click on the Start button.
Clogged Air Hole
If the air hole of the cartridge is clogged, then also you may face the issue of Brother Printer Printing Black and White. There is a small hole in the print head to which the ink goes out. If that small hole is blocked, then the device may not be able to print properly. So, follow the steps below to resolve the problem:
- Firstly, open the small cartridge door of the printer.
- Push the levers down and remove all the ink cartridges.
- After that, examine a small hole in the print head, and blow air in that hole to remove any blockage.
- It will unclog the line and you will be able to print in color now.
Change Printer Settings
Wrong printer settings can also be responsible for Brother Printer Printing Black and White. To change the settings, you can navigate to the printer properties and then select the advanced tab. lastly, select the settings as colored prints. Check for the solution to the problem.
If you need more help then contact brother printer support team for help.