Have you ever been in the middle of a printing job, only to have your Brother Printer suddenly go offline? If so, you’re not alone. This is a common issue that many Brother printer users face and it can be incredibly frustrating. Here, we will go through some troubleshooting steps and provide some fixes for Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline. For Brother printer offline issues, there are a few possible explanations. The most common reason is that the printer is not properly connected to the computer or the network. Check all connections and make sure they are secure.
What Causes Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline?
There are a few possible reasons why your Brother printer may keep going offline. Here is a list of some of the most common causes:
- Improper Connection of the printer and computer
- The printer is not Responding
- The printer is in sleep mode
- Faulty cables or connections
- Low internet connection
- Corrupt or outdated printer drivers
- Incorrect Printer Settings
- Low power mode
The user needs to check for the real cause of the problem and follow up with the troubleshooting steps to overcome it and work efficiently with the printer.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline?
If your Brother printer says offline, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve the problem.
Restart the Printer
Firstly, you may need to restart the printer. To do this, simply power off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet. Wait 60 seconds, then plug the printer back in and power it on. This should reset the printer and hopefully fix the issue.
Restart the Router
If restarting your Brother printer does not fix the issue, you may need to restart your router as well. To do this, unplug your router from the power outlet and wait 60 seconds before plugging it back in again. Once your router is powered back on, try printing again to see if that fixes the issue.
Restart Your Computer
If restarting your Brother printer and router does not work, you may need to restart your computer as well. Firstly, close any programs or windows you have open, then click on the “Start” button in Windows or Finder in MacOS. Next, click on “Restart” or “Shut Down” and wait for your computer to reboot itself. Once it has finished restarting, try printing again to see if that fixes the problem “Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline”.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Printer Drivers
The error Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline may also occur due to an issue with the printer drivers. You can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer drivers to see if that fixes the problem.
- Firstly, go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Brother printer and select “Remove device.”
- After that, visit https://support.brother.com/ to download the suitable drivers.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded file to install the drivers in your system.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and try printing again.
- Check for the solution of Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline.
Updating Printer Firmware and Drivers
Firmware is the software that controls how your printer functions, and drivers are the software that allows your computer to communicate with your printer. Follow the steps to update:
- Firstly, go to the official Brother Printer website at “https://support.brother.com/”.
- Next, enter the printer model number into the search bar and then select “Firmware” or “Drivers” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions on the website to download and install them.
- Next, restart your computer and printer.
- Check for success.
Checking Network Settings
If Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline, then check your network settings. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your router or modem, and that the connection is secure. If you’re using a wireless connection, check to see if the signal is strong enough. You may also need to reconfigure your firewall or other security software to allow the printer to communicate with your computer.
Reset Network Configuration or Power Cycling Your Router and Printer
Also, reset your network configuration or power cycle your router and printer to fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline.
- To reset your network configuration, you will need to access your router’s settings and reconfigure your network.
- To power cycle your router and printer, you will need to unplug both devices from their power sources and then plug them back in. Once they are powered back on, they should be able to connect to the network and print.
How do I get my Brother Printer to go Back Online?
Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, check to see if your printer is properly connected to your computer. If it’s not, make sure the USB cable is securely plugged in, or that the wireless connection is strong and stable.
- Next, try restarting both your printer and your computer. This can sometimes clear up any communication issues that may be causing the offline problem.
- If those steps don’t work, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer driver on your computer. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the driver, which might resolve any compatibility issues that could be causing the problem.
- Finally, if none of those steps work, you may need to contact Brother customer support for further assistance.
Why did my Brother Printer go Offline?
If your Brother printer says offline, there are a few possible reasons.
- The most common reason is that the printer is not connected to the network properly.
- Another possible reason is that the printer drivers are outdated or corrupt.
- There can be a compatibility issue
- Also, the problem arises if your printer is not responding or facing any hardware issues.
Why does my Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline on Windows 10?
It can be a frustrating issue, especially when you’re in the middle of printing an important document. The most common reason for this can be that the printer is not properly connected to your computer. Make sure the USB cable is securely plugged into both the printer and the computer, and that the printer is turned on. If you’re using a wireless connection, check that the router is turned on and that there are no obstructions between the printer and the router.
How do I Fix an Offline Printer Problem?
To fix the Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline, follow the steps below:
- Restart your printer.
- Check and resolve connectivity issues.
- Check your printer’s connection to your computer or network.
- Make sure the cables are plugged in securely and that the connection is not loose.
- Reset your printer at last if nothing works to solve the problem.
More Helpful Guides