Are you seeing a ‘Replace Toner’ error message? Following our troubleshooting guide should help you resolve this issue quickly and easily. The issue can be due to improper installation of the ink toner and cartridge problems. Here, we will discuss the steps to troubleshoot and resolve Brother Printer Error Replace Toner step by step to get your machine working. You can fix the issue by fixing the toner cartridge to its correct position and replacing it if there is any damage. However, if you are still having issues or can’t seem to figure out how to fix it properly then contact the Customer Support team for assistance.
What does Brother Printer Error Replace Toner mean?
If your Brother printer is displaying the “Replace Toner” error, it means that the printer’s toner cartridge is either empty or near the end of its life. To reset the printer and clear the error, you’ll need to replace the toner cartridge with a new one. It may also occur due to dry ink heads. If your printer has been sitting for a while without being used, the ink in the cartridges may have dried up. In this case, you’ll need to clean the cartridges and print heads before you can use the printer again. To do this, simply run a cleaning cycle on your printer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
What are the Main Causes of the Brother Printer Error Replace Toner?
There are a few common causes of the Brother Printer replacement toner error, and fortunately, they’re all pretty easy to fix.
- The toner cartridge is not properly seated in the printer.
- The toner cartridge is empty or nearly empty.
- The toner cartridge is damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Something is blocking the optical sensor inside the printer that detects the presence of a toner cartridge. This could be dust, paper debris, or even a finger placed over the sensor.
How to Fix the Brother Printer Error Replace Toner?
If your Brother printer is showing the “Replace Toner” error, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Replace Toner Cartridge
This is the most common cause of the replacement toner error, and it’s also the easiest to fix. Simply replace the empty or low toner cartridge with a new one and you should be good to go. Replacing the toner cartridge is a relatively simple process.
- Firstly, locate the old toner cartridge and remove it from the printer.
- Next, insert the new toner cartridge into the printer.
- Finally, close any open doors or covers and power on the printer.
Update Printer Firmware
If your Brother printer is displaying the “Brother Printer Error Replace Toner”, it means that the printer’s firmware needs to be updated. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the latest firmware for your model of Brother printer from the Brother website.
- Extract the downloaded file to a folder on your computer.
- Open the “FirmwareUpdateTool” application that is inside the extracted folder.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to update your printer’s firmware.
- Once the process is complete, restart your Brother printer and try printing again.
Properly Sit the Toner Cartridge
If your toner cartridge is not properly seated in the printer, it can cause the replacement toner error to occur. To fix this, simply remove the toner cartridge and make sure that it’s properly seated before putting it back in.
Clean the Path of the Laser Beam
The laser beam that writes images onto paper can be blocked by dust, dirt, or other debris. This can cause the replacement toner error to occur. To fix this, simply clean off any debris that might be blocking the path of the laser beam.
Replace the Damaged Toner Cartridge
If the toner cartridge is not working properly even after the correct installation, then there can be damage to the cartridge. For this, you need to replace the cartridge to fix Brother Printer Error Replace Toner.
Reset the Counter on the Printer
Follow the steps below to reset the counter on your Brother printer and get it working again:
- Turn off your Brother printer and unplug it from power.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer and inspect it for any damage or debris that might be blocking the optical sensor.
- If you find anything, clean it off with a soft cloth or compressed air and then re-install the toner cartridge making sure it is properly seated in the carriage assembly.
- Plug your Brother printer back in and turn it on. Once it has booted up, open up the control panel and navigate to “Maintenance” > “Replace Toner.”
- This will reset the replace toner counter to zero and hopefully clear up your error message
Related: Fix Brother Printer Error Code 54
Why is my Brother’s Printer Saying no Toner when there is Toner?
There are a few possible reasons for this error:
- The toner cartridge is empty. This is the most common reason for the error message.
- Check the toner level and replace the cartridge if it is indeed empty.
- The toner cartridge is not properly seated in the printer. Remove and re-insert the cartridge to make sure it is correctly installed.
- The drum unit needs to be replaced. Over time, this drum can become damaged or dirty, causing print quality problems.
- If you have recently replaced the toner cartridge and are still getting this error message, it may be time to replace the drum unit as well.
Why does my Brother Printer keep saying Replace Toner?
If your printer says Brother Printer Error Replace Toner, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
- Remove and reinstall the toner cartridge according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If the toner cartridge is installed correctly and the error persists, try cleaning the electrical contacts on the cartridge and printer. Use a dry, lint-free cloth to wipe down the contacts on both the toner cartridge and where it meets up with the printer.
- Once you have cleaned the contacts, reinsert the toner cartridge and see if the error message goes away.
- If you are still seeing the Brother Printer Error Replace Toner after trying these troubleshooting steps, there may be an issue with the printer itself. Contact Brother Customer support for further assistance.
How do I get rid of the Replace Toner Error on my Brother Printer?
There are a few steps to follow:
- Check the toner level indicator on the cartridge to see if it needs to be replaced.
- Remove and re-install the cartridge to make sure it is seated correctly.
- Clean or replace the contacts as needed to fix Brother Printer Error Replace Toner.
- Check Brother’s website for updates and instructions on how to install them.
How do you reset the toner on the Brother Printer?
If you are facing Brother Printer Error Replace Toner, then you can fix it by resetting the toner. For this, firstly turn the printer off and then back on again. If that doesn’t work, try cleaning the corona wire.
How do I clear the message to replace the toner?
To replace the toner cartridge, follow the steps below
- Open the front cover of the Brother printer.
- Remove the old toner cartridge by gently pulling it out of the printer.
- Insert the new toner cartridge into the printer, making sure that it clicks into place.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
- Check if the issue Brother Printer Error Replace Toner is stopped displaying or not.
How do I Reset my Toner Sensor?
To reset the toner sensor on your Brother printer, simply follow these steps:
- Open the front cover of your printer and remove the empty toner cartridge.
- Locate the small tab on the left side of the cartridge drum
- Gently bend this tab upwards until it breaks off. This will disable the built-in toner sensor.
- Reinsert the toner cartridge into your printer and close the cover. The “Replace Toner” error should now be cleared and you can resume printing as normal.
More Helpful Guides