Does the Error Light keep flashing no matter what you try? If your Brother printer’s error light is flashing, it can indicate several different issues. Some common causes of this error include paper jams, empty toner cartridges, or a dirty print head. Here, we will be walking through troubleshooting and fixing the Brother Printer Error Light Flashing issue. With a little troubleshooting, you should be able to get your Brother printer up and running again efficiently. In case you are not able to get the solution, then contact the Brother Printer expert support executive for error-free working with the printer.
What are the Causes of Brother Printer Error Light Flashing?
If your Brother printer’s error light is flashing, it could be caused by a variety of factors. Here are some of the most common causes:
- The printer is not properly plugged into the power outlet. Make sure that the power cord is firmly plugged into the printer and a working outlet.
- The printer is not turned on. Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- The printer is out of paper. Refill the paper tray with fresh paper.
- A paper jam has occurred. Clear any jammed paper from the printer according to the instructions in your user manual.
- The ink cartridges are empty or low on ink. Replace the empty ink cartridges with new ones.
Troubleshoot and Fix Brother Printer Error Light Flashing
If your Brother printer is displaying an error light, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue. So, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Reload the Paper
Follow the steps below to reload the paper:
- Open the paper tray cover located at the front of the printer.
- Remove any loose sheets from the paper tray.
- Check for any obstructions in the paper tray, such as torn pieces of paper or foreign objects.
- Load a stack of plain, white A4 or Letter size paper into the tray with the printed side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guides to fit snugly around the edges of your stack of paper.
- Close the cover securely and press its latch closed if applicable.
Replace Old Ink Cartridges
Here are the steps to replace the old cartridges with the new ones and fix Brother Printer Error Light Flashing.
- Turn off your Brother printer and open the cover.
- Gently remove the old cartridges from the holder.
- Locate the new ink cartridges and then open them carefully.
- Take out the new cartridge and remove its protective tape.
- Insert it into the holder with its colored label facing upward.
- Close the printer cover firmly and then turn on your machine.
Update the Printer Software
Another cause of the error light is outdated printer software. In this case, you’ll need to update the printer software to the latest version. Here’s how:
- Download the latest printer software from the Brother website.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Connect your Brother printer to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the updated printer software on your computer and follow the prompts to update the firmware on your Brother printer.
- Once the firmware has been updated, restart your Brother printer and try printing again.
Clean the Printhead
If Brother Printer Error Light Flashing, it could be an indication that the printhead needs to be cleaned.
- Start by turning off the printer and unplugging it from the power source.
- Next, remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- After that, take a soft cloth soaked in warm water and gently wipe down the printhead.
- Then, dry it off with a clean cloth and then reinsert the ink cartridges into the printer.
- Finally, plug the printer back in and turn it on. Hopefully, this will have resolved the issue and your error light will no longer be flashing.
Hard Reset on Printer
If your Brother printer is experiencing an error, you may need to perform a hard reset. This will clear all the settings on the printer and return it to its factory defaults.
- Firstly, unplug the printer from the power outlet.
- Then, plug it back in.
- After that, press and hold the “Reset” button for five seconds.
- Finally, check whether Brother Printer Error Light Flashing is resolved or not.
How do I Clear a Brother Printer Error?
If your Brother Printer Error Light Flashing, it can be an indication of several different issues. Follow the steps to solve it:
- Firstly, check to make sure that there is paper loaded in the paper tray and that it is not jammed. If the paper tray is empty or jammed, simply clear the jam and/or reload the paper.
- Next, check your ink cartridges. If they are low on ink or need to be replaced, this can cause the error light to flash. Simply replace the ink cartridges with new ones and see if that fixes the problem.
- If you’re still seeing the error light flashing, there may be a more serious issue with your printer. In this case, you’ll need to contact Brother customer support for further assistance.
How do I turn off Printer Errors?
Here is a list to follow to turn off Brother Printer Error Light Flashing and avoid them in the future:
- Clean the printer head and interior of the printer regularly with a soft, dry cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents.
- Keep the printer area clean and free of dust. Dust can accumulate on the printer head and cause printing problems.
- Use only fresh, high-quality paper in your Brother printer. Old or damaged paper can cause jams and other printing problems.
- Store your Brother printer in a cool, dry place when not in use. Extreme temperatures can damage the printer head and other components.
Why is the Orange Light Flashing on my Brother’s Printer?
There are a few things you can do to try to fix the Brother Printer Error Light Flashing:
- Check the power cord and make sure it is securely plugged into both the printer and the outlet.
- Check for any loose or damaged wires inside the printer. If you see anything that looks out of place, try to gently reconnect it or replace it if necessary.
- Try resetting the printer by unplugging it from the power outlet and then plugging it back in.
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to replace the fuser assembly.
Why is my Brother Printer Drum Error Light Flashing?
If your Brother Printer Error Light Flashing, it could be caused by a few different things.
- Firstly, check to see if the drum unit itself is properly installed.
- Next, take a look at the printer’s toner cartridge. Make sure that it’s properly seated in the machine and that there’s no toner leakage. If there is toner leakage, replace the cartridge.
- Finally, check the printer’s fuser assembly. If it’s damaged or not working properly, it could cause the drum error light to flash.
Why is my Power Supply Blinking Orange?
If your Brother printer’s power supply is blinking orange, it could be due to a few different things. First, check to make sure that the power cord is plugged into a power outlet and that the printer is turned on. Try plugging the cord into a different outlet. If you are still having trouble, check your circuit breaker to see if the power to your home or office has been interrupted. If still, Brother Printer Error Light Flashing, then contact Brother customer service for expert assistance.
Why is my Brother Printer in Error Status?
If Brother printer is displaying an error status, it means that there is a problem with the printer itself.
- Firstly, make sure that there is no paper jam in the printer. If there is a paper jam, clear it and try printing again.
- If the printer still shows an error status, there may be a problem with the print head. Clean the print head and try printing again.
If the printer still shows an error status, there may be a problem with the ink cartridges. Replace the ink cartridges and try printing again.
More Helpful Guides: