If your printer showing a Print Unable 03 message and refuses to print anything at all, then don’t panic. Here, we will help you troubleshoot and fix the Brother Printer Error Code 03 for the accurate functioning of your printer. This error can be caused by several factors including fuser assembly error, outdated drivers, malfunction of printer parts, and others. Before, following up with the troubleshooting steps, you can simply restart the printer to try for the resolution of the error straight away. If the issue persists, then move to other troubleshooting steps to fix it.
What does Brother Printer Error Code 03 Means?
The Brother printer error 03 usually indicates a problem with the printer’s fuser assembly. This error can occur for several reasons, such as when the fuser assembly is not properly installed or when it is not getting enough power. If you are receiving this error code, there are a few things you can try to fix it. First, check to make sure that the fuser assembly is properly installed and that it is receiving enough power. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the fuser assembly.
Related: Brother Printer Error Code 05
Main Causes of Brother Printer Error Code 03
If your Brother displays unable print error 03, it means that there is a problem with the fuser unit. The fuser unit is what heats the toner so that it can be fused onto the paper. If the fuser unit is not working properly, it can cause the error code 03 to be displayed. Here, is the list of factors that are responsible for the error.
Fuser Unit Failure
The fuser unit can malfunction or become defective. This can cause the error code 03 to display on the printer’s screen.
A paper jam can cause the Brother printer to display error code 03 as well. Check for any jammed paper and remove it if found.
Incorrect Paper Size
If you try to print on a paper size that is not supported by your printer, this will also result in an error code 03 being displayed.
Ink Cartridge Problem
Another possible cause of error code 03 is a faulty or empty ink cartridge. Replace the ink cartridge and see if that fixes the issue.
Dirty Printer Head
If there is any dirt, dust, or other debris in the printer head, this can also cause error code 03 to be displayed.
Troubleshoot and Fix Brother Printer Error Code 03
There are various ways by which you can fix the Unable Print Error 03 on your printer. You need to first configure the actual cause of the problem, then follow up with the desired solution. Here are the steps to follow
Restart the Printer
Firstly, you can try to fix the error by simply restarting your printer and the device connected to it. Here are the steps to restart the printer.
- Turn OFF the printer and the device connected to it
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet for about 10 seconds and then plug it in again
- Turn ON your printer, and wait for it to complete initializing
- Check if the Brother Printer Error Code 03 is resolved.
Update Printer Drivers
You can try updating the printer drivers to fix this issue. Here are the steps to update printer drivers
- Go to Brother’s website and then choose your model of Brother Printer
- Download and install the updated version of the Brother Printer driver on your system.
- Once installed, restart your computer.
- Now check if you have fixed the Brother Printer Error Code 03.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
In case updating the printer driver does not work, you can try reinstalling the printer driver on your system. Here are the steps to reinstall a printer driver
- Go to Control Panel Devices & Printers or Printers & Faxes section.
- Right-click on your Brother Printer icon and select the Remove Device option.
- After that, download and install the latest version of Brother Printer Driver from its official website.
- Once installed, restart your computer.
- Finally, check if you have fixed the Brother Printer Error Code 03.
Replace Fuser Assembly Unit
If the above-mentioned steps are not successful in resolving the error, then you can try replacing the fuser assembly unit. Here are the steps to replace a fuser assembly unit
- Turn off your printer and unplug its power cord.
- Locate and remove the fuser assembly unit from inside the printer unit.
- Ensure that you have purchased a compatible fuser assembly unit for your Brother Printer model.
- Install it back into your printer device by following the instructions in its manual.
- Once done, plug back its power cord and turn ON your printer device.
- Check if you have fixed Brother Printer Error Code 03.
Factory Reset of Printer
If all the above-mentioned steps fail to fix the error, then you can try resetting your printer to factory settings. Here are the steps to reset a printer
- Turn off your printer and unplug its power cord from the wall outlet.
- Using a sharp object, press and hold the Reset button on your printer for about 10 seconds.
- Plug back its power cord into a wall outlet and turn ON your printer device.
- Now check if you have fixed Brother Printer Error Code 03.
Related: Brother Printer Error Code 30
How to Reset the Printer?
There are a few things that you can do to try and fix this error code. First, you can try resetting the printer. To do this, simply turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet. Wait for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on. This may clear the error code and get your printer working again.
How do I clear a Brother Pinter Error?
If you configure Brother Printer Error Code 03, then follow the below steps to clear it.
- First, check to make sure that your printer is properly connected to your computer. If the printer is not properly connected, this can cause the Print Unable error code to appear.
- Next, try restarting both your printer and your computer. Sometimes, simply restarting the devices can clear up any communication issues that may be causing the error code to appear.
- If you’re still seeing the Print Unable error code, try uninstalling and then reinstalling your Brother printer drivers. This will ensure that you have the latest and greatest drivers for your printer, which can sometimes fix errors like this.
What do you do When your Brother Printer says Error?
If you’re getting the Print Unable 03 error code from your Brother printer, there are some common solutions for fixing this error
- Check the Brother printer’s drum unit and toner cartridge. Make sure they’re properly installed and that there’s no debris or damage on them.
- Clean the electrical contacts on the drum unit and toner cartridge. Use a cotton swab or other soft, clean cloth to wipe away any dust or dirt.
- Try resetting the printer. This can often clear up temporary communication errors that may be causing the Print Unable 03 error code.
- If you’re still getting the error after trying these solutions, contact Brother customer support for further assistance.
Why is my Brother Printer in Error Status?
If your printer shows Brother Printer Error Code 03, then it can be due to various reasons as
- The fuser unit is not properly installed.
- The printer drivers are outdated.
- The paper jam in the printer.
- The printer’s memory is full or low.
- The toner cartridge is not installed properly.
- The temperature of the fuser unit is abnormally high.
- Network connection issue.
How do I Manually Clean my Brother Printer?
If your Brother printer is displaying the Print Unable 03 error, then try manually cleaning the printer. This involves opening up the printer and using a soft cloth to remove any build-up of debris or ink on the internal components. After that restart, the printer, and try printing again.
How do I Clean a Clogged Brother Printer Head?
Follow the steps below to clean the print head and resolve the Brother Printer Error Code 03
- Firstly, turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Remove any ink cartridges from the machine.
- Use a soft cloth dipped in warm water to wipe away any ink or debris from the exposed print head contacts. Be sure to avoid touching the gold-colored electrical contacts.
- After that, dry the contacts with a soft cloth before reinserting the ink cartridges into the machine.
- Finally, plug in the printer and turn it on. Attempt to print a test page to see if the issue has been resolved.
How do I Turn Off Printer Errors?
If you are receiving a Brother Printer Error Code 03, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix the issue.
- First, check the toner cartridge and make sure that it is properly seated and installed.
- Next, clean the drum unit by following the steps in the manual.
- If you are still receiving the error message, there may be an issue with the fuser unit. You can try resetting the fuser unit by unplugging the printer for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- If you are still having issues, please contact Brother customer service for further assistance.
More Helpful Guides