What do I do when my Brother printer says drum end soon?The Brother machine has separate compartments for the toner cartridges and the drum unit. You need to find if you need to replace the toner cartridges or drum unit when you need help with Brother Printer popping up such messages. As a step in the direction of resolving the Brother Printer Drum End Soon notification, you definitely need to reset the Brother Printer drum counter once you have replace the drum unit of your Brother printer. In is worth a note that even if you have reset the drum counter during the life of drum unit, then the residual drum life wouldn’t get displayed correctly. It is also to be understood that the following error messages will keep on appearingin case the drum counter is not reset as and when you replace the drum unit with another one:
- Drum Stop
- Replace Drum
- Brother Printer Drum End Soon
- Drum Near End
- Ensure that your Brother printer is switched on.
- Now, open the front cover.
- Next, remove the drum unit and toner cartridge and from the printer.
- Next, push the green lock down and pull away the cartridge from the drum assembly.
- Now, remove new drum unit packaging.
- Put the toner cartridge into the newly installed drum unit till you hear it locking in its place.
- Now, slowly insert the green tab from right to left and left to right a couple of times to clean the corona wire inside the drum unit.
- Install the drum and toner cartridge into the printer.
- First, open the front cover.
- For the next 2 seconds, press and hold OK .
- To reset the drum counter, press the Up arrow key or 1
Reset Brother Printer Drum CounterIf you’re still facing the issue after replacing the drum unit, then you can try resetting the drum counter to fix this issue.
- Open the brother printer front cover.
- Press and hold the ok button until drum unit is displayed.
- Now press ok again.
- Press ▲ the button on your printer to reset. You’ll get a message “accepted”.
- Close the cover.
What does drum end soon mean on my Brother printer?
- Firstly, the steps that have been shown above for resolving the issue are from the representative Brother Printer product and may differ with the make and model of your Brother printer Machine.
- The Brother Printer Company always recommends to use genuine Brother printer products of drum units and /or toner cartridges assemblies.
- I should further be noted with each of the Brother printer make and model that it should to work at pre-set temperatures which is in tune with the user’s personal toner formulations. Care should be taken to avoid Brother Printer Drum End Soon issues.
- Each of the individual components as assembled to function with the other parts is always checkedfor reliability and quality. Non-Brother Printer machine parts may adversely affect the printing quality, optimum performance and the reliability of your machine.
- Furthermore, the Brother printer’s limited manufacturer’s warranty will not be applied to any Brother Printer Drum End Soonissue which could be caused owing to the use of unapproved third-party toner cartridges, drum units, or Brother Printer toner.