Epson is a Japanese electronics company and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of computer printers. Despite its excellent reputation, Epson printers are not immune to errors. One common error is “0x10,” which can occur for a variety of reasons. The Epson Printer Error 0x10 depicts that there is an issue with the scanning part of the printer. It can be caused due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers. Here, we will discuss in detail all the factors that may lead to the error and what steps can we perform to troubleshoot and resolve it efficiently.
Factors Responsible for Epson Printer Error 0x10
Epson printer error 0x10 can be caused by several things. Here are the main factors leading to 0x10 error.
- Outdated or Corrupt Drivers: Drivers are the software that allows your computer to communicate with your printer. If they are out-of-date or corrupt, it can cause all sorts of problems, including this error.
- Faulty Windows Registry: The registry is a database that stores all the settings and options for your computer. If there are any errors in it, it can cause all sorts of problems.
- Conflicting Hardware: If you have multiple printers connected to your computer, they may be conflicting with each other. This can cause Epson Printer Error 0x10.
- Virus or Malware: Viruses and malware can cause all sorts of problems, including this one. If your computer is infected, the virus or malware may be causing the issue.
Related: Epson Printer Error Code 1131
Troubleshoot and Resolve Epson Printer Error 0x10
To troubleshoot the issue, you need to first examine the actual cause of the error, then follow the appropriate resolving step for it. Otherwise, you can follow these steps in series to fix the error efficiently.
Physically Inspect the Scanner
Here is what you need to examine:
- Check the scanner for any visible damages.
- Check the scanner glass is clean and free of smudges.
- Check the paper path for any obstructions or blockages.
- Run a test scan to see if the error has been resolved.
Check Window Registry
In some cases, Epson Printer Error 0x10 can be resolved by checking and repairing the Windows registry.
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the Win+R keyboard keys simultaneously.
- Type “regedit” in the run box and click “OK”.
- Navigate to the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler and check for any corrupt or damaged registry entries.
- If you find any, then delete them immediately.
- Restart your computer and see if the error has been resolved.
Check Ink Cartridge Status
Here are the steps to follow to check it.
- Open the ink cartridge cover and make sure that all ink cartridges are installed properly.
- Remove any ink cartridges that are low on ink or have been refilled.
- Clean the contacts on the ink cartridges and install them again.
Check Print Head Status
Follow the steps for checking the print head status.
- Open the printer cover and remove any debris from around the print head.
- Clean the print head with a cotton swab dipped in distilled water.
- Run a test print to see if the error has been resolved.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Software
The uninstalling process will often fix Epson Printer Error 0x10.
- Firstly, open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Select “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Find the listing for your Epson printer and click “Remove” to uninstall it.
- Once the software has been uninstalled, restart your computer and then go to the Epson website to download and install the latest version of the software.
- Finally, restart your computer again and try printing a document to see if the error has been fixed.
Perform a Power Cycle on your Printer
Power cycling of the printer can be done as follows:
- Power off your Epson printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds before plugging the printer back in.
- Turn on your printer and check if the error has been resolved.
Reset the Printer Settings
Lastly, you can reset the printer to fix Epson Printer Error 0x10. For this,
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds, then release it.
- While holding down the power button, plug in the printer and wait for 5 seconds.
- Release the power button and turn on the printer.
- The settings should now be reset and the error message should be gone.
Contact an Epson Technician
When you encounter an Epson printer error, the first thing you should do is contact a professional technician by calling the Epson customer service number. This will help ensure that the issue is properly diagnosed and resolved promptly.
How to Repair Epson Printer Error 0x10?
If you are facing Error 0x10, then fix it by following the troubleshooting steps given below:
- First, check if your printer is connected to the computer properly. If not, then connect it and try printing again.
- If the problem persists, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers.
- If that doesn’t work, then try resetting the printer. For this, you need to press and hold the ‘Reset’ button on the printer for 10-15 seconds. After that, turn off the printer and wait for a minute or two before turning it back on. This will reset the printer and hopefully fix the error.
- If none of these troubleshooting steps work, then there might be a problem with the hardware of your printer. In that case, you will need to take it to a service center for repairs.
How to Fix Epson Printer Error 0x10 on Windows?
If your Epson printer is displaying the error code 0x10, then there are certain steps to fix it on your Windows PC.
- First, try running a cleaning cycle on your printer. This can usually be done through the printer’s control panel.
- If that doesn’t work, you may need to manually clean the nozzles. To do this, you’ll need to remove the ink cartridges from your printer and soak them in warm water for about 15 minutes. Then, use a soft cloth to gently wipe away any dried ink or debris from the nozzles.
- Also, update the printer drivers and firmware in case of any pending updates.
- If you still can’t fix the issue, try resetting your printer to factory settings. You can do this by pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds.
- Finally, contact Epson technical support for further assistance.
How do I get my Epson printer out of error mode?
If your Epson printer is displaying an error message, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue. First, check the window registry is out of any errors. Also, check the scanning part of the printer to be accurate. Additionally, make sure that all of the cables are securely connected and that there is no paper jam. If the printer is still in error mode, you can try resetting it by unplugging the power cord and then plugging it back in.
How do I Reset the Epson Printer to Factory Settings?
To fix Epson Printer Error 0x10, try to reset the printer to its factory settings. This can often clear up any minor glitches that may be causing the error. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press and hold the Stop button for three seconds.
- While holding the Stop button, press and release the Power button.
- The printer will now enter Service Mode. Release the Stop button.
- Press and release the Ink button seven times.
- The Waste Ink Pad Counter will now be reset to zero and the error message should disappear.
More Helpful Guides
Connect Epson l4260 to WiFi
Epson L130 Setup
Epson Printer Driver Unavailable
Epson Printer Offline