Epson printer error code W-02 can be a real headache. If you’ve been trying to print something and have encountered this error, then you need to check for the paper jam. Fortunately, there are ways to troubleshoot and resolve Epson Printer Paper Jam issues. Here, we will discuss the different causes of Epson Printer Error Code W-02 as well as how to properly fix them. The issue may arise due to various reasons including dust and dirt inside the machine, paper or pieces of paper jammed inside the machine, incompatible papers, and much more. We will provide step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot and fix the Epson printer error so you can get back to printing seamlessly.
What is the Epson Printer Error Code W-02?
Epson printers are one of the most popular types of printers on the market, but they can still run into issues from time to time. One common issue that you may encounter is a paper jam. A paper jam error W-02 can occur for a variety of reasons, such as if something is blocking the path of the paper or if the paper itself is too thick. If you’re experiencing a paper jam, there are a few things you can do to try and resolve the issue.
Related: Epson Printer Error Code e-01
Why Does My Printer Say Epson Printer Error Code W-02?
Epson printer paper jam issue is a very common problem that can occur due to various reasons. Some of the most common reasons for an Epson printer paper jam include:
- The paper feed roller or the separation pad is dirty or damaged.
- Something is blocking the path of the paper.
- The paper settings in the printer are not correct.
- The rollers in the printer are not grabbing the paper correctly.
- The printer sensors not working properly.
Troubleshoot and Fix the Epson Printer Error Code W-02 – Resolve Epson Paper Jam Issue
If you are facing an Epson printer paper jam issue, then you can follow the below troubleshooting steps to resolve it:
Clean the Paper Feed Roller and Separation Pad
The first step is to clean the paper feed roller and separation pad. You can do this by using a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. Gently wipe off any dirt or debris from these parts.
Check for Any Objects Blocking the Paper Path
The next step is to check if any objects are blocking the path of the paper inside the printer. If there are any objects, then remove them carefully so that they don’t damage the printer’s internal parts.
Adjust the Paper Settings in the Printer
The next thing you need to do for resolving Epson Printer Error Code W-02 is to adjust the paper settings in your Epson printer. For this, you need to go to the ‘Paper’ tab in your printer’s control panel and make sure that the ‘Paper Size’, ‘Paper Type’, and ‘Orientation.
Insert the Paper Tray Properly
Check to make sure that the paper tray is inserted correctly and that there is no debris or foreign objects in the tray. If the tray is inserted correctly and there are no foreign objects in the way, then gently push the paper feed lever to see if that clears the jam.
Remove Jammed Paper
If your printer has an Epson Printer Error Code W-02, then simply removed the jammed paper and torn pieces. This is a relatively easy issue to fix. Simply follow the steps below to remove the jammed paper and get your printer up and running again:
- Power off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Carefully remove any loose paper from inside the printer.
- Open the printer’s access door and remove any visible pieces of jammed paper.
- Close the access door and plug the printer back into the power outlet.
- Turn on the printer and try printing again.
Related: Epson Printer Error Code 00043
How to Clear a Paper Jam in an Epson Printer without Power Cycling the Machine?
If you have an Epson Printer Error Code W-02, there are a few things that you can try to clear without power cycling the machine.
- First, try to remove the paper jam manually. If you can see the paper jammed in the printer, try to gently pull it out. If it is stuck, do not force it. Instead, try to find the source of the jam and gently dislodge it.
- If you cannot remove the paper jam manually, you may need to open up the printer. Consult your printer’s manual for instructions on how to do this. Once you have opened up the printer, look for the source of the jam and carefully remove it. Be careful not to damage any of the delicate parts inside the printer.
- Once you have removed the paper jam, reassemble the printer and power it on. Your printer should now be able to print without issue.
How do I Unblock my Printer Jam?
If you’re experiencing an Epson Printer Error Code W-02, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue. First, check to see if the paper is jammed in the input or output tray. If it’s jammed in the input tray, remove the paper and try feeding it in again. If it’s jammed in the output tray, remove any loose paper and gently pull the paper out.
If the paper jam persists, there may be something blocking the path of the paper inside the printer. Open up the printer and look for any pieces of paper that may be stuck. Gently remove any obstruction and close up the printer.
Steps to get my Epson printer out of Error Mode W-02 Paper Jam Issue?
If your Epson printer is displaying an error code W-02, it means that there is a paper jam issue. To fix this problem, follow the steps below:
- First, turn off your printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Next, open the printer’s access panel and remove any jammed paper you see inside.
- Once all the jammed paper has been removed, close the access panel and plug in your printer. Turn it on and try printing again.
- If the problem persists, contact Epson customer support for further assistance.
What do I do when my Printer says Paper Jam but there is none?
When the printer reports an Epson Printer Error Code W-02 but there is no jammed paper inside the printer, there is likely a problem with the paper sensor. The paper sensor is located in the paper path and is used to detect paper jams. To resolve this issue, you will need to clean the paper sensor.
- Power off your Epson printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Open the printer cover and remove any jammed paper inside the printer.
- Locate the paper sensor in the paper path. The sensor is usually a small black or white button.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to gently clean the surface of the paper sensor. Be careful not to damage the sensor.
- Reconnect your Epson printer to the power outlet and power it on.
- Try printing again. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Epson customer support for further assistance
How do you Clear Paper Jams?
If your Epson printer is experiencing a paper jam, there are a few things you can do to clear it. If the paper feed lever does not clear the jam, then you will need to open up the printer and remove the jammed paper manually. Be careful not to rip or tear the paper as you remove it. Once the jammed paper has been removed, reassemble the printer and try printing again.
How to Fix W-02 Epson Printer Error?
Follow the steps below to fix the Epson Printer Error Code W-02:
- Check your wireless router’s settings and make sure that it is configured correctly.
- If you are using a wireless extender or repeater, try moving it closer to the router.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the printer and the router, such as walls or furniture.
- Try restarting both the printer and the router.
- If you are still having trouble connecting wirelessly, you can try connecting the printer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
More Helpful Guides
Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
Epson Printer Error 034004
Epson Printer Error 00041