Epson Error Code 0x97 is a hardware malfunction error. This error can occur for a variety of reasons, such as a faulty or dirty print head, a clogged ink cartridge, or a problem with the printer’s internal circuitry. This is a common issue that can happen with certain models of Epson printers and can be quite frustrating to deal with. Here, we will discuss a series of troubleshooting steps to fix the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 and work properly with the printer without any malfunction. First, restart the printer to check if the problem is resolved or not. Else, follow proper troubleshooting steps to resolve it.
What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
The most common cause of the Epson Printer Error is the malfunctioning of the printer hardware. This can be caused by a variety of issues, such as
- Loose or damaged cable connection,
- Faulty component,
- Physical damage to the printer.
- Print Head issues
Related: Epson Error Code E01
Troubleshoot and Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
After configuring the actual cause of the error, you can follow up with the solution relating to it. In case, you do not know the exact cause, then follow these steps in series to fix the error code 0x97.
Check Printer Connections
Follow these steps to check and replace the faulty connections.
- Locate the power cord of your printer and disconnect it from both ends.
- Remove all the USB cables connected to your Epson Printer.
- Now, ensure that there is no paper jam in your printer.
- Also, check for any foreign object inside the device which might be blocking its functioning.
Perform a Hard Reset
Perform a hard reset on your Epson Printer and solve this issue with ease. Here are the steps to do so:
- Turn OFF your Printer first and wait for a few seconds before moving ahead with other steps.
- Disconnect the power cable from both ends and wait for another 30-50 seconds before reconnecting them again in the same order they were disconnected earlier.
- Make sure that you connect the power cord correctly at both ends.
- Turn on your Printer again and check if it is working properly or not now by running a test print job.
Update Printer Drivers
You can also update the printer driver and all its related firmware as per the latest available version of them for resolving Epson Printer Error Code 0x97. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the official website of Epson Printers and find the latest stable version for your model type.
- Download it from there and install it properly on your system.
- Once installed, check if it is working fine or not.
Install the Print Head
You can install the Print Head Cleaning tool (PHC) from Epson and use it for resolving this issue. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to the official website of Epson Printers and download the PHC tool on your system.
- Install it properly on your system
- Run the PHC tool and follow all the instructions mentioned over there to clean up all the print heads of your printer.
- Once completed, check if Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 persists or not.
Recover Clogged Ink Cartridge
You can try to recover the clogged ink cartridge and resolve this error code 0x97. Here are the steps to do so:
- Locate the affected ink cartridge from your Epson Printer and unplug it from its slot.
- Now, dip a cotton swab in warm water and clean up all the ink clogged up in its nozzle area.
- Re-insert the cleaned-up cartridge inside its slot and check if it is working fine or not.
- Check for the success of Epson Printer Error Code 0x97.
Align The Epson Printer Printhead
You can try to align the print head of your Epson printer and resolve Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 by these steps below:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Epson Printers and download the Print Head Alignment tool from there on your system (preferably, a Windows machine).
- Install it properly and open it once installed successfully on your system.
- After that, follow all the instructions as mentioned over there for proper alignment of its print head section.
- Once completed, check for success.
Related: Epson Printer Error 00041
How do I fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
If your printer is displaying the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97, then follow the steps to fix it:
- Turn off the printer and turn it on again.
- Check if all the cartridges are installed correctly.
- Make sure that all the cables are securely connected to the printer.
- Clean the print head using an automated cleaning function in your printer software or by manually cleaning it with a damp cloth or cotton swab.
- Check if there is any paper jam inside the printer, and remove any jammed paper if present.
- Reset your printer by unplugging it from the power source for at least 30 seconds and then plugging it back in again.
- Run a test print to check whether this has solved the issue or not.
- If none of these steps worked, then you may need to contact Epson for further assistance on Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 or replace your printer with a new one.
How do I Get my Epson Printer out of Error Mode?
Here are some easy steps to follow to get your printer out of error mode:
- Firstly, check to make sure that all of the cables are firmly connected to the printer and the power source. If they are not, simply reconnect them and try printing again.
- If the cables are all connected properly, then there may be a problem with the printer itself. To fix this, you will need to take apart the printer so that you can access the internal components.
- Once you have access to the internal components, check for any loose or damaged parts. If you find any, simply replace them or repair them as necessary.
- Once you have checked and repaired all of the internal components, reassemble the printer and try printing again. Hopefully, this will fix the problem Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 and get your printer out of error mode.
Where is Epson Reset Button?
Epson printers have a reset button located on the control panel. To reset the printer, press and hold the reset button for three seconds. If your printer model does not have a reset button, you can also reset it by turning off the printer and unplugging the power cord for at least 10 seconds.
How do I reboot my Epson Printer?
If your Epson printer is displaying an error code, it may be necessary to reboot the printer to clear the error. To do this, simply power off the printer and unplug the power cord from the outlet. Wait a few minutes, then plug the power cord back in and turn on the printer. This should clear any hardware malfunction errors that were preventing your printer from Epson Printer Error Code 0x97.
What is 79 Service Error on an HP printer?
If you’re getting the 79 service error on your HP printer, it means that there’s a problem with the printer’s hardware. This can be caused by a variety of things, including a faulty print head, bad ink cartridges, or a problem with the printer’s circuitry. If you’re getting this error, you’ll need to contact HP customer support for help troubleshooting the issue.
More Helpful Guides
Epson Printer Error 0xF1
Fix Epson Printer Error 0x10
Epson Printer Error Code 1131