When you see the error code 32.40 on your Lexmark printer, it means that the printer is not able to read the installed cartridge. There are a few possible reasons for this error. Here, we will configure all the causes of the Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40 and how to actively resolve them for the appropriate functioning of the printer. To resolve the error, you will need to replace the offending ink cartridges with new, compatible ones. If you are using refilled or third-party cartridges, we recommend switching to genuine Lexmark cartridges. You can also try cleaning the contacts on the carriage and/or cartridges, but this is only a temporary solution and is not guaranteed to work.
What is Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40?
Lexmark Error Code 32.40 depicts the inappropriate functionality of the printer. It means that the cartridge is facing any issue or it is unsupportable. The error mainly occurs in these situations:
- The cartridge is not compatible with your printer model.
- The contacts on the cartridge are dirty or damaged.
- The chip on the cartridge is defective.
Related: Lexmark Printer Error Code 31.80
What are the Main Causes of Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40?
If you see Error Code 32.40 on your Lexmark printer, it means that the printer is not able to recognize one or more of the ink cartridges. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- The ink cartridges are not genuine Lexmark cartridges.
- Cartridges are not compatible with your printer model.
- The cartridges have been refilled with non-Lexmark ink.
- The contacts on the ink cartridge or carriage are dirty.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40?
If you are encountering Lexmark 32.40 error, it is most likely due to an unsupported cartridge error. This error occurs when the cartridges in your Lexmark printer are not recognized by the printer as being compatible. There are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot and fix this error code:
Check Ink Cartridges
Check that the cartridges installed in your Lexmark printer are genuine and compatible with your model of printer. You can do this by checking the Lexmark website or contacting customer support.
Reinstall the Cartridges
If you have confirmed that the cartridges installed in your printer are genuine and compatible, then try removing them and reinstalling them. To do this, open up the printer’s access door and remove all of the ink cartridges from their slots. Clean off any dried ink from the contact points on each cartridge with a dry cloth or cotton swab. Next, re-insert the cartridges into their respective slots and close the access door. Turn on your printer and try printing again.
Clean the Printheads
If the Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40 persists, there may be an issue with the electrical contacts on the cartridges or on the printhead itself. Try cleaning these contacts with a lint-free cloth or cotton swab dipped in distilled water. Allow the contacts to dry completely before reinstalling the cartridges and attempting to print again.
Reset Cartridge Chip
If the above steps do not fix the issue, then you may need to reset the cartridge chip. To do this, power off the printer and disconnect all cables. Wait for two minutes and then reconnect the cables and power on the printer. This should resolve Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40 and allow you to print again.
Factory Reset of Printer
If all the above steps fail, then a factory reset of your Lexmark printer may be required. This will erase any existing settings in the printer and return it to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions in your printer’s user manual. After the reset is complete, try printing again and see if the error code has been fixed.
Related: Lexmark Printer Error Code 31.60
How do you fix an Unsupported Cartridge?
There are a few things you can do to fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40:
- Check your Cartridge Type – Make sure you’re using the correct type of cartridge for your printer model. If you’re not sure, check the Lexmark website or contact customer support.
- Update your Firmware – Outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with cartridges. Check for updates on the Lexmark website or contact customer support.
- Replace the Cartridge – If you’ve tried the first two steps and you’re still getting the error message, try replacing the cartridge with a new one.
How do I make my Printer Accept Compatible Cartridges?
When you see Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40, it means that the cartridges are not compatible with the printer. This usually happens when you try to use a refilled or remanufactured cartridge. The best way to fix this problem is to replace the cartridge with a new one.
If you still want to use the refilled or remanufactured cartridge, you can try resetting the printer. To do this, turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet. Wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on again. This should reset the printer and allow you to use the cartridge.
How do I Fix Error Code 32.40 on Lexmark?
There are a few alternatives you can try if you’re getting the “Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40”:
- First, make sure that you’re using compatible cartridges with your printer model. If you’re not sure, check the Lexmark website or ask a customer service representative.
- Second, clean the electrical contacts on both the cartridges and the printer itself. Use a cotton swab or other soft cloth dampened with distilled water to avoid damaging the electrical components.
- Once the contacts are clean, try inserting the cartridges again and see if the error persists. Finally, if all else fails, you can try resetting your printer. This will usually clear any error codes and get your printer back up and running smoothly.
How do I Bypass Lexmark Unsupported Cartridge?
There are a few ways that you can bypass this error and continue printing:
- Check the ink cartridge to make sure it is seated properly in the carriage. If it is not, remove the cartridge and re-insert it into the carriage.
- Reinstall all of the ink cartridges in your printer.
- If you are still unable to print, there may be an issue with your printer itself. Try restarting your printer and see if that clears the error message and allows you to print successfully.
- If none of these steps work, you will need to replace your incompatible ink cartridges
How do I Reset my Lexmark Cartridge Chip?
Here are the steps to reset the cartridge chip:
- Turn off your printer and remove the cartridge from its slot.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver to carefully pry open the chip on the cartridge.
- Look for a small black button in the center of the chip and press it down gently with the screwdriver. This will reset the chip.
- Place the cartridge back into its slot and turn on your printer.
- Run a test print to make sure that everything is working correctly and there is no Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40.
What does an Unsupported Cartridge Mean?
If you’re receiving the “Unsupported Cartridge” error message on your Lexmark printer, it means that the ink or toner cartridge installed in the printer is not compatible with the model printer. This error can also occur if the ink or toner cartridge is installed incorrectly.
How do I Bypass an Ink Cartridge Error?
To resolve the “Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40”, start by checking to make sure that the ink or toner cartridge installed in your printer is compatible with your model of Lexmark printer. You can do this by visiting the Lexmark website and entering your printer’s model number into the search field. Once you’ve confirmed that the cartridge is compatible, try reinstalling it according to the instructions in your printer’s manual.
More Helpful Guides