Error code 917.00 on a Lexmark printer indicates a transfer roller error. The transfer roller is responsible for transferring the image from the drum to the paper. If the transfer roller is damaged or not functioning properly, it can cause Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00 to appear. Here, we will guide you through troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue and get your printer back up and running smoothly. If you are seeing this error code, there are a few things that you can try to resolve it. First, try cleaning the transfer roller with a soft cloth. If there is toner or debris build-up, you may be able to remove it with this method.
What Causes Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00?
There are a few things that can cause the transfer roller to become damaged or not function properly. One of the most common causes is if the printer has been sitting for an extended period without being used. This can cause the rollers to dry out and become hard, which will prevent them from gripping the paper properly. Another common cause is if there is toner or debris build-up on the rollers. There are a few potential causes of this error code
- The transfer roller might be dirty or damaged. Cleaning or replacing the transfer roller can often fix this problem.
- The drum unit might be damaged or defective. If the drum unit is damaged, it will need to be replaced.
- There could be a problem with the fuser assembly. The fuser assembly melts the toner onto the paper, so if it’s not working properly, it can cause print quality issues.
- There could be an issue with the printer itself. If none of the other solutions solve the problem, you may need to get your printer serviced or replaced altogether.
Related: Brother Printer Error Code 0B
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00?
If you’re getting the Lexmark printer error code 917.00, it’s likely due to an issue with the transfer roller. Here are some troubleshooting tips to help you fix the problem
Clean the Transfer Roller
If there is any debris or build-up on the roller, this can cause the error code 917.00. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently clean the roller. Here are the steps for cleaning
- Turn off the printer.
- Open the printer cover and locate the transfer roller.
- Gently wipe off any dust or debris from the roller with a lint-free cloth.
- Close the cover and turn on your printer to see if this has solved the issue.
Check for Jammed Paper
If there is a piece of paper stuck in the printer, it can cause Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00 as well. Check for any jammed paper in your printer and clear it out if you find any. To do this
- Firstly, turn off the printer and open the cover to access the internal parts of your machine.
- Carefully check for any jammed paper or pieces that may be obstructing the transfer roller or other components inside your printer.
- Use tweezers to carefully remove any jammed paper or debris that is blocking parts of your machine, then close up the cover when you’re done and turn on your printer again to see if this has resolved the issue with error code 917.00.
Check the Transfer Roller for Damage
If there are any cracks, tears, or other damage to the roller, it will need to be replaced. Here are the steps to replace the roller
- Firstly, switch off the printer and open the cover.
- Locate the transfer roller and remove it from its slot.
- After that, install a new transfer roller, making sure it is firmly secured in place.
- Close up the cover and turn on your printer to see if this has fixed the error code 917.00.
Make sure the Transfer Roller is Seated Properly
If the rollers are not seated correctly in their housing, it can cause the Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00. Remove and then reinstall the transfer roller to make sure it’s seated correctly.
Verify the Printer Connection
Make sure to connect the printer to a power source and turned on. If the printer is turned off or not connected to a power source, this can cause the error code 917.00.
Related: Brother Printer Error Code 03
What is Error 917.00 on Lexmark t644?
If you’re receiving the Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00, it typically indicates that there’s an issue with the transfer roller. The transfer roller is responsible for transferring the image from the drum onto the paper, so if it’s damaged or not functioning properly, it can cause print quality issues.
How do you Remove a Transfer Roller?
If you’re seeing the Transfer Roller Error message on your Lexmark printer, it means that the transfer roller needs to be replaced. This is a fairly easy process that can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s how to fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00.
- Firstly, Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Remove the top cover of the printer by loosening the two screws at the back.
- Check for the transfer roller attached to the drum of the printer.
- After that, discard the old transfer roller properly.
- Now, install the new transfer roller in the correct place.
- Replace the top cover of the printer and tighten the screws.
- Finally, plug in the printer and turn it on. The Transfer Roller Error message should now be gone.
What is 917 Service Transfer Roller Error?
If you see Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00, it means that the transfer roller is not functioning correctly. This can be caused by several things, including a dirty or damaged transfer roller, incorrect installation of the transfer roller, or a problem with the printer’s firmware. To fix this error, you will need to clean or replace the transfer roller.
How do I Fix my Lexmark Printer Error?
There are a few things you can do to try and fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 197.00.
- Firstly, power cycle your printer. This simply means turning it off and then back on again. This can sometimes clear up minor issues like this one.
- If that doesn’t work, try cleaning the transfer roller. You can do this by opening up your printer and locating the roller. Once you’ve found it, use a soft cloth to gently remove any debris that may be on it. Be careful not to damage the roller while you’re doing this.
- Next, you may need to update your printer’s firmware. Firmware updates can be found on Lexmark’s website. Just download the appropriate update for your model printer and follow the instructions to install it.
How do I Reset my Lexmark?
Here are the steps to reset the printer and resolve Lexmark Printer Error Code 917.00.
- This can be done by turning off the printer and unplugging it from the power source for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds have passed, plug the printer back in and turn it back on.
- This should reset the printer and hopefully resolve the error. If still you encounter the same error, then you can contact Lexmark customer help and support.
More Helpful Guides