Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip is one of the most common and annoying issues faced by users and it can create a nuisance when they don’t know How To Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip without getting any unwanted technical errors. Buying a new Lexmark ink cartridge can be a very annoying task to resolve and users refill the old cartridge when they are out of ink. This method works for most printers but Lexmark printers come with advanced chips and features. These chips allow users to get the exact information about the empty cartridges.
However, when the refilled cartridges are not placed properly users need to face some sort of issues as well due to these chips. In some cases, these chips will tell the printer that the ink cartridge is still empty. But don’t get tense as these issues can be resolved by resetting the ink cartridge chips if you know How To Reset the Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip. To reset the cartridge chip, users need to choose any one of the methods and techniques mentioned in this article accurately. In case you are unable to perform any of the steps you can get assistance from the expert’s technicians.
Steps to Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip Concerns!
- First of all, users need to turn off the Lexmark printer by removing all the power sources and cords.
- After that purchase a desirable refill kit for your Lexmark printer.
- Now users need to turn on the printer by holding the ready and return buttons.
- Hold the button until you get the self-test page on the printer display.
- After that users need to access the diagnostics mode and choose the maintenance count option.
- After that select the reset option. This will reset the ink level automatically and you won’t get the low ink or chip reset errors anymore.
- After that users need to push the return button and head back to the diagnostics mode menu.
- In the end, try to print to check the Lexmark printer status.
In-depth manual Steps To Resolve How To Reset Lexmark Toner Chip Issues Efficiently!
If you tried the above-listed steps and are still unable to reset your toner chip then you need to follow the steps to get a better and more reliable printing experience from your Lexmark printer.
- First of all users need to get detailed information about the Lexmark toner cartridge chip reset and move further to reset the cartridge chip. Make sure that the printer is turned off and unplugged from every possible power source.
- After that users need to press and hold the ready and return buttons to restart the printer after getting the desired notification stated performing a self-test. When users get this message they are automatically redirected to the diagnostics mode. After that users need to choose the maintenance cunt option.
- From available options users need to select reset to understand How To Reset Lexmark Toner Chip. When users select reset options, the ink level count will be automatically reset and users stop receiving the low ink errors while printing. After that return back to the diagnostic mode and then to the normal mode.
- When users try to refill the empty ink cartridges they need to face recognition issues Also Lexmark printer comes with a smart chip and it won’t allow the printer to read it adequately.
- After that users need to follow the initial steps to remove the empty Lexmark ink cartridge and refill the cartridge by only following suitable steps and ink refill kits.
- Now users need to place the gold-toned chip on the cartridge which can be easily found near the front side of the cartridge. Also, make sure that when you perform the reset process all the pins are placed correctly.
- If you get the red light pop up then wait for some time as it indicates that the chip is busy. Wait until it becomes green.
In-Depth, Solutions To Execute How To Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip Issues!
When the above-listed troubleshooting steps don’t work for you can easily follow in-depth solutions to eliminate the chip issues.
Resetting The Software
Users can easily reset the ink cartridge chip by installing Lexmark software as it is one of the most reliable and simple ways to reset the Lexmark printer chip. Before you try any other methods, it is beneficial to reset the software first as it is one of the least time-consuming methods:
Step 1: First of all users need to install the latest version of Lexmark Solution Center based on the operating system and model of Lexmark printer. Because of the numerous versions and the compatibility of Printer Solution Centres. When the program is successfully installed on your system run the program file by clicking on the maintenance tab and choosing to install a new cartridge option.
Step 2: Lexmark Solution Center automatically detects the newly listed devices after that click on the next and try to locate the Print Alignment page. Now Test the alignment page and refill the ink cartridge and after that perform the reset process.
Step 3: After performing the reset process your desktop will should show full cartridge level. One of the important things to be kept in mind is that the software reset works in some of the specific printers. If the software reset is not suitable and supported by your printer you need to try a hardware reset method. To perform this method users need to navigate the printer menu on their own to perform the process of How To Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip.
Step 1: Users need to press and hold the cancel button at least for five seconds and then release it when all the printers’ notification lights start blinking twice now users need to wait until the lights stop blinking to move ahead.
Step 2: After some time the printer reboots successfully and the on light will return, when you get the on light the hardware is successfully rebooted just give the command to print your desired documents and if the issue persists you can follow the chip resetter or power and cancel buttons as well to eliminate the issues.
Use A Chip Resetter
Software or hardware may be one of the quickest and hassle-free methods to perform the resetting of the ink cartridge chip. However, these methods cannot be used as they are not compatible with most of the printers. In those scenarios, users need to use the chip resetter option by using the cancel button
Step 1: Users can also reset the Lexmark printer’s cartridge chip by using the cancel button. You just need to press and hold the cancel or Stop button for at least 10 seconds to reboot the printer’s court system and help the printer recognize the new chip.
Step 2: If the issues are not resolved even after using the cancel button you need to reset the Lexmark ink cartridge with the power button. First of all, start the process by turning on the printer and after that raise, the top covers of the printer to remove the ink cartridge and then switch off the printer with the open cover.
Step 3: After that switch on the printer again, and wait for some time until it will reboot automatically. Now users need to repeat the same process for five minutes as the Lexmark printers have a unique serial number and rebooting the device erases the memory.
After performing these steps and methods try to give the command to print your desired documents and files and complete the process of How To Reset Lexmark Ink Cartridge Chip successfully. If you need assistance from tech experts reach out to our Lexmark Printer Setup experts and get assistance from the certified and skilled technicians.
More Helpful Guides