A Lexmark printer is a type of computer printer that uses lasers to create digital images on paper. This guide will teach you how to troubleshoot and fix a Lexmark printer that is not printing from its tray 2. There are a few things that could be causing your Lexmark printer to not print from its tray. Here, we will discuss all the factors responsible for the issue “Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2”, and the steps to follow to resolve them for the precise working of the printer. In case of any assistance, you can call Lexmark to support assistance for help.
Common Causes of Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2
There are a few common reasons that your Lexmark printer may not be printing from Tray 2. The most common reasons are as follows:
- Firstly, the Paper size or type settings in the printer driver do not match the paper loaded in Tray 2. To fix this, open the printer driver and adjust the settings to match the paper loaded in Tray 2.
- Secondly, the paper tray itself is not properly aligned with the printer. To fix this, open the printer and make sure that Tray 2 is properly inserted and aligned with the printer.
- Thirdly, there is something wrong with the paper feed rollers inside Tray 2. To clean these, remove Tray 2 from the printer and use a soft cloth dampened with water to wipe away any build-up on the rollers.
- Also, the Tray Selection Paper Source settings in the printer driver may be incorrect. To fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2, open the printer driver and make sure that the Paper Source setting is set to Tray 2.
- Lastly, there may be a misalignment between Tray 2 and the print head. To fix this, open the printer and check for any obstructions in front of Tray 2 that could be causing the misalignment.
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2
If a user is facing printing issues with Tray 2, then it can be resolved quickly without much effort using the steps below. Make sure to check for the resolution of the problem before proceeding to the next step.
Reopen or Close the Tray
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Tray 2 and check if the paper is properly loaded in it.
- Close Tray 2 securely and then reopen it again to check if the papers are aligned properly or not.
- If the papers are still not getting printed, then try to remove them and insert them back into the tray after a few seconds.
Adjust Printer Settings:
Wrong paper settings may also interfere with the printing. So, you need to adjust the paper settings as follows and fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2:
- Go to the printer settings and make sure that Tray 2 is selected as default for printing tasks.
- Check for all other printer settings like type of paper, size of the paper, number of copies, ink level, etc.,
- After that, check that they are configured properly according to your needs.
- Finally, save all changes made in printer settings before moving ahead to the next step.
Install or Update Printer Driver:
The outdated printer driver can lead to printing problems. So, update the drivers and fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2 as follows.
- Firstly, visit the Lexmark official website
- Navigate to the Driver and Software section.
- After that, enter the model number of the printer and also the operating system you are using.
- Download and install the latest version of the driver available for the printer.
- Finally, restart the computer to save all changes done.
Clean Printer Feed Rollers:
It is important to clean the feed rollers regularly to avoid Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2. Try cleaning them as described below:
- Firstly, turn off the printer and open Tray 2.
- Now, rotate the rollers with your fingers so that any dust or paper particles get cleaned up.
- Make sure not to apply more pressure while doing this as it can cause damage to the rollers.
- After that, close the tray securely and turn on the printer again.
- Finally, check if now you can print from Tray 2 or not.
Replace the Ink Cartridge
This is a fairly easy process and can be done in a few steps. This will certainly resolve Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2.
- First, switch off and unplug the printer from the power source.
- Next, open the top cover of the printer and remove the old ink cartridge.
- Be careful not to touch the electrical contacts or ink nozzles on the cartridge as this can cause damage.
- After that, take the new ink cartridge out of its packaging and remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Insert the cartridge into the empty slot, making sure that it snaps into place.
- Close the top cover and plug in the printer.
- Turn it on and print a test page to make sure that it is working properly.
Clear the Memory
If your Lexmark printer is not printing from the tray, you may need to clear the memory. Here’s how:
- Firstly, turn off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- After that, wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the printer and turn it on.
- The printer should now be ready to use.
- Check for the solution of Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2.
If your Lexmark printer is not printing from the tray, you may need to reset your printer settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Lexmark Printer Utility.
- Click on the Maintenance tab.
- Under the Reset section, click on the Reset button.
- After that, a confirmation message will appear.
- Click on the OK button to proceed.
- Your printer settings will now be reset to the default values.
How do I Get my Printer to Print from Tray 2?
To fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2, you need to follow the steps below:
- First, make sure that tray 2 is correctly loaded with paper.
- Then check to see if the printer settings are configured to print from tray 2.
- After that, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
- This should fix any underlying software issues that might be causing the problem.
How do I Select Tray 2 on my Lexmark Printer?
Check the settings on your printer. There should be an option to select which tray you want to print from. Make sure that tray 2 is selected as the default tray. Here are the steps to access the settings on Lexmark and select tray 2:
- Firstly, press the Home button on your printer’s control panel to access the Home Menu.
- Select Settings from the Home Menu.
- After that, select Paper Setup from the Settings menu.
- Select Tray 2 from the list of available trays.
- Finally, press the Back button to save your selection and return to the Home Menu.
- Check if the issue Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2 is resolved.
Why is my Printer not Printing from the Correct Tray?
If your Lexmark printer is not printing from the correct tray, then you need to follow some steps to fix it.
- First, make sure that you are using compatible papers as per the requirements of the printer model.
- Then, clean the tray thoroughly and make sure that there is no dust or paper jam.
- Now, open the printer settings and select the tray from which you want to print.
- It will certainly resolve your issue.
Why is my Printer only Printing from Tray 1?
There can be various reasons that your Lexmark Printer Not Printing from Tray 2 and uses only tray 1. These can be:
- Incorrect Settings
- Incompatible Tray
- Paper Jam
- Faulty Tray 2 Pickup Roller Assembly
- Clogged or Blocked Print head Nozzle
- Low/Empty Ink Level in the Cartridge
- Faulty Printer Driver Installation
- Corrupted Operating System.