Lexmark printers may usually encounter error code 170.73 while working on it. This error code typically indicates that there is an issue with the printhead of your Lexmark printer. There are a few common reasons that you may see the Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73 on your Lexmark printer. This error can be caused by using the wrong type of paper, using too much or too little toner, or having a problem with the fuser assembly. Here, we will guide you through the troubleshooting process to fix the Lexmark Error 170.73 easily and quickly.
Common Causes of Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73
The Lexmark Error 170.73 can be caused by a few different things, such as
- Dirty or clogged printhead nozzles
- Damaged printhead
- Incorrectly installed printhead
- Incompatible paper type or thickness
- Incorrect media size settings
- Software conflicts
- Faulty paper feed components, such as rollers, sensors, or belts.
Related: Lexmark Printer Error Code 32.40
Troubleshoot and Fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73
By working concisely on the cause of the error, the user can easily get the solution and the printer running up again. Here are the steps that you can perform to troubleshoot error code 170.73 and fix it efficiently without any issues.
Restart the Printer
Here are the steps for a quick restart of the Lexmark printer.
- Firstly, turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from it
- Wait for at least 30 seconds
- Plug back in the power cord to the socket and turn on the printer.
- Check for success.
Update Printer Drivers
If you’re receiving Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73, your printer drivers are likely out of date. Here’s how to update your printer drivers
- Check your printer manufacturer’s website for the latest driver software.
- Download and install the new driver software.
- Connect your printer to your computer and turn it on.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Clean the Print Head
Here are some tips on how to clean the print head and fix Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73.
- Use distilled water to wet a cotton swab or soft cloth. Do not use tap water, as it can contain minerals that can damage the print head.
- Gently wipe the inkjet nozzles on the print head with the dampened cotton swab or cloth. Be careful not to touch the electrical contacts.
- If the inkjet nozzles are extremely dirty, you may need to soak them in distilled water for a few minutes before wiping them clean.
- Once you have cleaned the inkjet nozzles, run a test print to see if the error code has been resolved.
Manage Printer Settings
If the above steps don’t work, it’s time to check and manage your printer settings. Here’s how
- Open the Lexmark Printer Control Panel and select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and look for the ‘Print Head Settings’ option.
- Make sure that all settings are enabled correctly.
- If any setting is incorrect or disabled, re-enable it and run a test print again.
Check Hardware Faults
If the error code persists even after following the above steps, there might be a hardware fault in the printer. Here’s how to check for hardware faults
- Inspect the print head and make sure that it is properly seated and connected to the printer.
- Look for any physical damage on the print head such as corrosion or broken parts.
- Inspect all cables and connections to make sure everything is securely connected.
- Check if any of the ink cartridges are empty or degraded and replace them if necessary.
- Finally, verify if the problem Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73 is resolved or not.
Reinstall the Printhead
If all of the above steps fail, you may need to reinstall the printhead. Here’s how to do it
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
- Gently remove the printhead from its slot and inspect it for any physical damage.
- Clean the inside of the printer with a damp cloth and ensure there is no dust or debris build-up.
- Reinstall the printhead and connect it back to its slot securely.
- Plug in the power cord, turn on your printer, and run a test print to see if Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73 has been resolved.
Related: Lexmark Printer Error Code 31.80
How to Reset the Lexmark Printer?
To resolve Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73, you can try to reset the printer and clear the error. To do this,
- Firstly turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait a few seconds, then plug the printer back in and turn it on.
- This should clear any minor errors and get your printer up and running again.
How to Fix Lexmark Error 170.73?
If you’re getting a Lexmark printer error code, don’t worry. There are a few simple steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
- Check your printer’s manual for specific instructions on how to clear the error code.
- Restart your printer and try again.
- If the Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73 persists, contact Lexmark customer support for assistance.
How do I Reset Lexmark Printer to Factory Settings?
To factory reset a Lexmark printer, simply press and hold the OK button for about 5 seconds until the display screen shows Factory Reset. Press OK again to confirm, and your printer will begin the reset process.
What Causes Lexmark 170.73 Error?
There can be several reasons behind the Lexmark 170.73 error. It could be due to a corrupt or damaged printer driver, a conflict between the installed drivers, or outdated firmware. In some cases, this error can also occur if there are problems with the Windows registry. To resolve this issue, you can try updating the printer driver, reinstalling the drivers, or running a registry cleaner tool.
What is Lexmark Error 170?
The Lexmark Printer Error Code 170.73 is a common error that can occur when using a printer. This error can be caused by several factors, including
- Incorrectly configured printer settings
- Damaged or corrupt printer driver
- Outdated or corrupt firmware
- Hardware issues with the printer itself
How do I Fix my Printer Error Code?
If you are encountering this error, there are a few things you can try to fix it. First, check your printer’s settings to ensure that it is properly configured. Next, try updating or reinstalling your printer driver. Finally, if the problem persists, you may need to update the firmware on your printer or contact Lexmark for help.
More Helpful Guides
Lexmark Printer Error Code 31.60
How to Fix Lexmark Printer Keeps Jamming, Paper Jame Issue?
Find WPS Pin on Lexmark Printer